Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jeremy Lin #3

Linsanity has died down a bit. He is still producing points and assists, but the hype has gone down. I like hearing what people are saying about Jeremy Lin, however this is my perspective. Just like what Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra says, "Praise Lin for his play, not because he is Chinese." We should not judge basketball players' play, because they are from a certain culture or race, but because they are good people and good basketball players. I expect to hear a lot of negative comments about Jeremy Lin, because they aren't too many basketball players like him coming out to the NBA, not too many Asian-Americans playing NBA basketball. I also expect to hear a lot of racist comments too about Jeremy Lin. Be prepared for more comments on Jeremy Lin if the New York Knicks advance to the second round of the playoffs. I highly doubt it. The New York Knicks do not play like a cohesive unit. But although they have banded together closely under new interim coach Mike Woodson, they seem to be playing better now. I expect to hear more about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment