Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Heatles

I think the Heatles is a great name for the Miami Heat trio or you might call them the 'triumvirate of stars.' Lebron James appropriately named his Heat team after the Beatles because they were a rock band. I can see Erik Spoelstra being called Sergeant Spoelstra in the song, "Sgt. Spoelstra's Lonely Hearts Club Band," and a song being terminated from the Heatles if it could happen to anyone, "I Want to Hold Your Early Termination Option." King James would make a good John Lennon, Dwyane Wade a Paul McCartney, and Chris Bosh, George Harrison. If anything, I would like to know who Yoko Ono is for this one and step up for this band of brothers. That's another name I'd like to call the Miami Heat. They've bonded together since training camp that I can see them clearly getting along with each other as they have had each other's backs in games played together. They're like soldiers holding each other up in combat. If one falls, they all falter. So goes the saying from the three musketeers, "All for one and one for all." If Erik Spoelstra can hold up this team by the playoffs, eventually they'll be almost at the top of the mountain as a united team holding up the Larry O'Brien trophy. I'm looking forward to seeing the Miami Heat as a team with King James, Flash, and CB4 winning multiple championships for the next nine seasons. Let's see.

4 comments:

  1. Hey AJ,

    Couldn't agree more.

    If you like the drama that is coming from stars joining up, just wait for the next few years. I predict DWill (my favorite player) will join an aging Kobe in LA. Also, Paul and Carmelo will join Amare to play home games above Penn Station.

    Can you imagine how fun it will be seeing the Heatles battle the best Knicks team that NYC has ever seen? It will be an epic East Coast battle every year.

    Who does the winner get to face? A Lakers team with the best PG in the past 10 years (DWill), feeding an aging super star (Kobe) that could play a "Ray Allen on steroids" roll for the next 10 years.

    I'm looking forward to the next decade of NBA if you haven't noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Thanks for your comments. I've recently heard reports that Carmelo Anthony is receiving offers to join the New Jersey Nets who are in fact moving to Brooklyn, New York. Eddie House called this Miami Heat team quote unquote, "This is like Boston on steroids," comparing this current Heat team with Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh to the Big Three in Boston with Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce. At the beginning of this season, House joined the Heat as a free agent. He has not regretted since then. He knew why he wanted to come to Miami. He wanted to win championships. I'd like to see a team from the Midwest win another championship, much like the Chicago Bulls when they last won it in 1998. The Bulls this year are much closer to getting back to the playoffs now with Derrick Rose really developing his game and Joakim Noah acting like Dennis Rodman in the 90s. I'd like to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AJ,

    I am a HUGE D-Rose fan. I am lucky enough to live in Chicago, where I was able to watch him play in high school. Amazingly enough, he was as good as a sophomore and junior in HS as he is now. He was an amazing prep talent. Now he displays his talents at the United Center, which is also a treat.

    I believe you are pretty much spot on about Noah playing like Rodman. They are/were both energy guys--they make everyone around them better.

    Concerning Eddie House, don't you think he should be speaking negatively about Boston after they beat them once? Last I checked, they are 0-2 versus Boston this year so far.

    Your conjecture about Anthony is a good one. I hadn't heard of him going to the Nets before. That makes sense though, as Brooklyn would be an incredible market for a New York kid. Does Jay-Z still hold stake in that corporation, or did that Russian billionaire buy him out?

    Lastly, it would be great if you could weigh in on an argument I have been having for weeks with a friend:

    If you were starting an NBA team tomorrow, who would be your first pick of all active players. I say that you would need to take a PG, and I would take DWill over CP3. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mark, good to hear from you. I think, to me, Rose is more of an athlete than he is of a basketball player. He has great speed and power and good size of an prototypical NBA point guard. He doesn't necessarily need to have the skills to be a great NBA scorer, but his athleticism makes up for it. I'm interested in seeing how athletes like Derrick Rose and Lebron James in their thirties make up for their athletic gifts as their bodies age. Eddie House was boasting about how gifted the Miami Heat are athletically with Wade and James on the wings and Bosh on the low post. I'm not surprised why he wanted to join Miami in the first place. Jay Z still is a part-owner of the New Jersey Nets. To answer your question on the argument you have having with a friend, I would like to pick an ultimate winner, it doesn't matter which position they play, that simply wants to play to win the basketball game. The will, the passion, the enthusiasm to play basketball and you need all the guts you can get to attain glory on your way to win the NBA title. I would pick Kevin Durant as my first pick of all active players.

    ReplyDelete