Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Am I glad to see the New Year again. Hello, 2011. Hello Miami Heat and their first win of 2011. Thank you, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh for their fantastic performances of the first game of the new year. They beat the Golden State Warriors 114-107. I am glad that King James, Flash, and CB4 started off the year for their first victory. Now that I am cynically glad that the Heat have gotten their act together quickly than my heart can beat its pulse, I am looking forward to seeing them contend for a title. As for Kobe Bryant and his Lakers are concerned, I am confident to write that Kobe Bryant's downfall as a basketball player will decline not because of age-related issues to his NBA career, but because of his stubbornness to be able to defer to teammates, not his selfishness. This will drive Kobe's star power somewhat of a decline a bit. This gives NBA audiences all over the world something to think about. Does Kobe Bryant want us to know how stubborn he can be in front of the media and yet not want to defer to his teammates to win ball games? This is something Kobe Bryant might want to keep a personal diary for. I am afraid for now, that Kobe Bryant and his teammates are in for a long ride back to the NBA championship, if not for Bryant's stubbornness to resurface again and again as time goes on. I really like the Bulls' chances of winning the NBA title, especially with Derrick Rose's poise as the Bulls' leader for the regular season and post season. When Joakim Noah comes from his injury, the Bulls will be a wrecking crew to be dealt with. They will have full strength again with Rose running the point and Noah to play defense and grab rebounds. My dark horse for the NBA playoffs if the team does make it is the Houston Rockets. I love the way they slack around the ball game and yet still make a stand to climb back into the scoreboard with their intangibles. I really think their team is a lot better than their record shows. With a Rockets squad that has a team player like Shane Battier, a work horse like Chuck Hayes, a power forward and scorer in Luis Scola, and a scorer in Kevin Martin, I think the Houston Rockets can be a force to be reckoned with, because they do rely on their hard work to win ball games.

No comments:

Post a Comment