Monday, October 31, 2011

NBA Fantasy Team #5

I gave up on David Harrison. I picked up free agent D.J. Mbenga, a third-string reserve center. He is an excellent athlete on running on the break and playing defense. He is also a good rebounder as well. He will play behind Earl Barron, my backup center. Barron's the type of center who will set good picks and run the floor to get a basket easily. Jacque Vaughn will get minutes, but barely behind Steve Blake. Vaughn will be a consummate locker room guy, whose professionalism and veteran leadership puts everyone in line. His knowledge and basketball IQ will be valuable tools for my team's success. Donta Smith's offensive value is more important than his defensive value. Donta has tremendous upside on his offense and I hope it will overlook his defense. Ronny Turiaf is my backup power forward behind Eduardo Najera. I hope Turiaf will find a way to contain opponents with his physicality and defense and rebounding. Shannon Brown will find minutes in the rotation behind Matt Barnes. Brown's offense and defense are both equally valuable to my team. Wilson Chandler is another type of player whose offense and defense are equally valuable to my team as well. Chandler is a superb athlete, just like Brown. Najera's rebounding and defense are key for my team's energy as Najera will provide. He will also give hustle, heart, and desire too. Blake and Barnes are my bench's valuable reserves. Both Barnes and Blake will give scoring and play solid defense. Jeff Foster is still my starting center, whose defense and rebounding are tops. Al Harrington will remain my starting 4, whose athleticism and scoring is valued. Mike Miller's shooting is tops, as well as his rebounding. J.R. Smith and Kirk Hinrich are my starting shooting and point guards respectively. Their combined rebounding and scoring are valuable for a backcourt duo like Smith and Hinrich.

No comments:

Post a Comment